Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Bottomless Pit..

So I believe my 8 year old is going through a major growth spurt. He's constantly hungry. Today he's eaten cereal for breakfast, turkey & swiss sandwich on whole wheat w/ a few cheetos, carrots and dip (3x today), a couple of hunks of cheese, a bowl of oatmeal w/ peanutbutter added and 2 pickles, along with numerous glasses of water, milk and juice. He just came in the room asking me what's for dinner while I'm typing this (heh) and said he was hungry. For dinner I'm making Tilapia, broccoli and seasoned brown rice.

I think I'll make extra brown rice for a veggie stir-fry for tomorrow's lunch. He really likes stir-fry and hopefully the good grain will keep him full..for a couple hours at least.

I'm going to have to do some research and see what I can come up with for healthy, filling snacks. ...goes looking about...

Here's a list I have so far..

  • Mini muffins (easy to do as we always have bananas, and Aldi carries blueberries for .99)
  • Boiled eggs
  • Peanuts and dried fruit mix
  • Ants on a log
  • Peanutbutter and graham crackers
  • Cheese quesadilla
  • Air-popped corn
  • Smoothies

Just a quick little list, I'll still be looking for more. I really want to feed him healthier things than chips, cookies and snack cakes.

It will be so neat to see how tall he actually ends up being. His dad is almost 6'5". Right now he comes up to my nose and I'm 5'4"! It's so wonderful to see your little, tiny babies grow up into these sweet kids. He just melts my heart.

No comments: