Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Proud mom moment and a heartache in the same day



Today while we were at the store Andy (3) bumps into a lady and her cart. He looks up at her very seriously and says "excuse me", smiles then walks along. Yay, he has been listening to my manner tutorials.


Later this afternoon, we were home and it was time for a nap, Andy started to cry and said "mom, this makes me sad. I always want to be happy" Doesn't that just break your heart? After a few minutes of snuggling and reading a book he calmed down and happily laid down for the nap. Life is just that simple for him. He wants to stay up and play. He wants to be with mommy. He wants to be happy. He doesn't yet understand that sometimes in life you have to do things you don't want to do and that you're not always going to be happy. I wish I still had that childlike innocence. I hope I never do anything to squash that optimism out of him.

No comments: