Monday, January 7, 2008

What I want for 2008

Goals and desires for 2008

I want to become closer to my God. To read his word more, develop a better prayer life.

I want my home to be a haven. A retreat for my husband and kids. I want plants around the house, I want flowers outside of the house. I want it to be less cluttered and less full of toys.

I want to be content in this house. It is big enough, I just have to change my view and quiet the voice of consumerism that tells me I need a bigger better home. I don't want my husband or myself to have to work harder to provide that "better" house.

I want to have a veggie garden. A real one. I want to be able to go out and pick food for dinner that night. I want to be able to can and freeze food for use in the wintertime.

I want our house to be tv-free. I want the kids to play, build, create, to use thier imagination. To Get Bored.

I want to write daily. I really enjoy writing and getting my feelings and thoughts down and out of me. It's liberating and stress relieving.

I want to do more with my kids. Give them more mom experiences. Cook with them, take them out with me. I need to quit trying to fit them around my schedules and my needs and focus more on THEM.

I want less toys in the house and more "creative" activities. Building, creating, reading, music, painting.

I want to stop the "I wants" and want nothing material. I want to look for my satisfaction in my home, husband, kids and God.

I want to be free of the hold that colas have on me. I want to drink pure, fresh water. My body doesn't need that caramel death. It just makes me feel miserable.

I want to save more money. I really want Joe to be able to retire early and enjoy himself. To travel like he wants, to camp.

I want to read the classics. Emily Bronte', Alexandre Dumas, Lewis Carrol, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, J.R.R Tolkien..etc.

I want to be closer to my friends. I want to talk to them more and really try to nuture my friendships. I'm not very good at it and it leaves me feeling lonely.

I want to focus on being healthier. Not on loosing weight. I just want to feel better. Have more energy, less headaches, less body aches.

I want to spend more time outside in nature. I feel awesome when I spend time outside and my kids do to. Being indoors all day is not very good for the body. No vitamin D, none of the natural endorphins that sunlight provides that make you feel better and less depressed, no fresh air for the lungs.

I want to make a list of things I want to do and see before I die and actually take steps and make plans to see this through.

I'm sure there will be more, but these are my major wants and desires for the coming year.

1 comment:

Tina Louise said...

Amen, amen, amen!!

That was inspiring! Thank you.

Love, Tina :)