Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

Mine's about bananas this week, freezing them.

Whenever I have some bananas that look like they're about to reach their prime, I throw them in the freezer until I'm ready to make banana bread from them. I throw them in still in the skins. They end up looking terrible on the outside (skin), but are just fine on the inside. Whenever I need them, I take them out and sit them on the counter to thaw and then I have an easy time mushing them for breads, muffins, etc!

Head to Tammy's for more Kitchen Tip Tuesday. :)

3 comments:

mom_of2boys said...

I could have used this tip last week. I made two batches of banana bread. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try this next time.

hopalong4234 said...

A friend told me this great tip! One thing, however, be careful not to let the bananas thaw on your countertop. You will be left with a dark, banana-shaped stain-nothing you can't get out with some Soft Scrub and a little bit of elbow grease, but what a PAIN!

Bethanie said...

Seriously- our minds must be on the same wave length or something because I've been wondering if its possible to freeze ripe bananas. A local store sells ripe bananas for way cheap and I've been tempted to buy them out. Thanks so much!