Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cavatini

I don't know where I got this recipe from, I've had it for a good 10 years, but wanted to share it because it's SO good. I made it tonight and served it with Tammy's Quick and Easy Breadsticks (garlic version) and it was gobbled up! It makes a TON, so if you're not a big family like us you might want to halve it or fix in 2 pans and freeze one.







Cavatini
1 chopped bell pepper
1 chopped onion
2lb ground beef (I used 1 1/2pd)
1pk rotini (spiral noodles, or I've used penne in a pinch, I also use whole wheat)1pk pepperoni
1tsp italian seasoning
1 small can mushrooms
2 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1lb mozzerella, shredded


Brown ground beef, onion and pepper, drain. Cook noodles and drain, Mix everything together with remaining ingredients. Layer half in 9x13 pan, top with 1/2 cheese. Top with rest of meat mixture, top with rest of cheese. Bake in oven 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


No comments: