Friday, July 25, 2008

Recipe Swap!

Gayle over at The Grocery Cart Challenge is hosing The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap , asking for cheap frugal dinner recipes and I'd like to contribute one of our favorite cheapies.

Hamburger Stroganoff

1/2-1pd hamburger, browned
1 onion sliced into half moons
1 small can mushrooms or a few sliced fresh ones (or I leave them out if I don't have them.
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4c sour cream

Brown hamburger (if not already browned and frozen in freezer) along with onions and garlic. Add in mushrooms, mushroom soup and bring back to temperature. Take off heat and swirl in sour cream. Serve on top of mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Serve with any veggie.

*Wanted to add, I've made this with chicken also. Not chicken breast, but chicken gleaned from bones after boiling them for stock..makes it even more frugal!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

This looks so easy and soo yummy! Thanks. Check out my recipe I posted on my blog!

JadeMerie said...

My hubby loves this, it's one of our favorites around here. :)

Gayle said...

Sounds so good! Thanks for participating!