Friday, August 29, 2008

Frugal Friday Recipe Swap

I thought I'd share a couple of soup recipes for the Frugal Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge

I don't have a name for the first soup, it's one my mom made for us when times were lean.

My Mom's soup

2 cans tomato sauce
4 cans (tomato sauce can full) of water (Or I use one can chicken broth)
2 diced potatoes
1/2 diced onion
1/4 pd spaghetti, broken into peices
Salt and pepper, sometimes I add chili powder

Saute the onions and potatoes for a bit. Then add the tomato sauce, water/broth, salt, pepper (sometimes basil) and spaghetti. Boil until spaghetti and potatoes are done. We serve with crackers.

Here's a cheap, easy tomato soup we make to eat with grilled cheese.

Tomato soup
(I usually have to double/triple this for my group)
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans water (tomato sauce can)
salt and lots of pepper
2 pinches sugar

Mix all and heat through.

1 comment:

Ticia said...

Nope I think it's great you left another comment! I also love that coffee is third on your list of about me things.
I never have tried to boil hamburger but I will try it next time. Thanks, Leticia