Friday, August 29, 2008

So, it's almost that time. September. 30 days of nothing. I've been thinking the last couple of days about the areas I wanted to work on and my goals for the month. So, here they are..

  • Grocery shopping limited to $50/week and I will use cash only.
  • Save at least $10-20 out of every paycheck.
  • Make all snacks at home.
  • Turn up the air conditioner as it's not going to be as hot.
  • No extra money spent on anything. No extra cokes or clothes or just junk
  • Stay home except for church, volleyball and grocery shopping. I tend to make too many trips to town to get stuff I forgot.
  • Hang laundry to dry
  • Live by that wise mantra we've all heard a hundred times “Make do, do without, use it up, wear it out!”

I'm excited to get started! I can't believe I'm actually excited to NOT spend money. Then again, the feeling is kinda groovy.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Hi! I'm stopping in from over at Gayle's blog and noticed your "30 days" challenge! It DOES sound exciting! I would love to see how it goes for you. I might have to implement something like that for us, it sounds like a fun way to challenge ourselves.

Butterfly Mama said...

We are doing this too..and I'm excited NOT to spend money too!

fawndear said...

I'm right there with you and am trying this challenge as well. Wow $50 for groceries. I'd be happy to hit $100. But I love the fact that we can get ideas from each other.

Owlhaven said...

Looking forward to reading all about your adventure!

Mary

Susan said...

I understand your excitement about not spending any money. I hope you have a great week pursuing your "nothing" goals.