Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

Today is a sad day for our country. A time of rememberance, mourning, and prayer. I pray for all the people that lost loved ones on this day, I can't imagine the grief that they've gone through.

On the flip side today is my wonderful nephew Tyler's 17th birthday. It has to be hard to have a birthday associated with such a tragedy. He's a great kid and I can't believe he's already grown into a man! Happy Birthday Ty!

Onto 30 Days of Nothing..

Today I will be staying home. I really, REALLY wanted to go out to eat today with the hubby as I have only been out once since Monday and am starting to go stir-crazy, but I resisted. I decided it was going to be too much trouble to get the kids ready, myself ready and out the door. Espically since I have a massive toothache at the moment that's making my whole head hurt. I have little patience today I'm afraid. I'm looking forward to naptime after lunch so that I can nap myself. So, staying home today and spending no money.

B:Giant breakfast cookies
L:Mama soup (as Andy calls it)
D:Salsa chicken, mexican rice, fresh corn on the cob

Mama Soup
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 potatoes, diced
2c homemade chicken stock
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can whole tomatoes, squished
1/4 pd spaghetti, broken into peices
salt and pepper to taste
I sometimes add some chili powder as well

Cook onion, garlic and potatoes in 2tsp olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add stock, sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook until potatoes are about half done. Then, add the spaghetti peices and cook until they're done.

1 comment:

Honeybunny said...

Love the cookies. and the soup sounds amazing!!!!