Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mmm, comfort..

Today has been a dreary, rainy, blah sort of day. The kids have been happily playing with the tent that I created in the twins room. We still haven't recovered from the time change, we get up earlier, eat earlier, get cranky earlier, etc. And , it's really taking a toll on me, I'm SO tired.

I was so happy when I realized I was making fried rice for lunch today. It is one of my comfort meals. Not only that, but I used 2c leftover rice from Monday's meal and 3 carrots, 1 onion that I had prepped the same day. Throw in some peas, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and it was done. I served it with some pears on the side and it was just gorgeous. Just what I needed.

Speaking of pears, we are totally on a pear kick right now. Aldi had packages of 4 pears (D'anjou, Bartlett or Red ones) for 99 cents a package. 4 pears for 99 cents. Awesome. I bout 4 packages and we're just about done with them. I hope they're still on sale when I go back out there on Friday or Saturday. They were so juicy and crisp. Just awesome, way better than the apples I bought too.

I'm still thinking so much about homeshooling. It's in my thoughts/reading at least 15 times a day. I really, really want to do it, but at the same time I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. All 4 boys, all day long, always. Hmm. I'm not too patient when I get frazzled and I'm afraid that would work against me and schooling. But, there's still this tug at my heart saying get Clay home, keep him home and don't let the world corrupt him anymore than it has. Teach him good things, give him your time and attention and let him be a kid. They grow up so fast, do I really want the majority of his day to be spent with a teacher? Why does she get the best part of the day and I get the leftovers? I'm still so confused and still thinking and praying. Hopefully by summer I'll have a decision and will be totally at peace with it.

No comments: