Monday, December 8, 2008

Food Maitenance today

We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and gravy yesterday for dinner. We also lunched on the leftovers today.

I put the leftover corn and green beans in my soup bucket in the freezer. I mixed together some leftover dressing, chopped turkey and gravy and put in a dish to bake for tomorrow's lunch to be ate with the last of the mashed potatoes. I diced up the leftover white turkey meat and put it in a container with some gravy for turkey potpie and froze. I then chopped up the leftover dark meat for turkey and rice soup. I have the carcass boiling away now with onion, and carrot skins for stock. I'll use that in my turkey and rice soup. 6 meals for 6 people out of an $8 turkey. Not too shabby I think!

Tonight we had green pepper steak. I doubled the rice and will use the leftovers for fried rice later in the week. There was maybe a cup of leftover pepper steak. I diced it up together and will use it in my veggie soup later in the week for lunch also.

No comments: