Monday, January 12, 2009

Surgery..


This cutie right here had eye surgery today, to fix his eyes crossing in. As a parent, I think it was harder on me than it was on him. He was happy every second until they took wheeled him away for surgery and even as they were wheeling him away he had a smile on his face as my heart was breaking for him.

I really hate the way doctors tell you that "we've never had a complication with anesthesia" "we've never had a complication from infection", etc.. it always makes me paranoid that my child will be the ONE to have the complication. I wish they would just keep me in the dark so that I don't think of all the things that could go wrong. I prayed silently to myself almost every minute that we wouldn't have a complication and that God would see fit to keep this beautiful creature safe and in my life for a while longer. God's grace is amazing. Jake came through the surgery without any complications. After waking up from the anesthesia, he was such a trooper, never complaining and not even getting upset. That was until his icee that the nurse gave him was gone, but he was quickly placated by another, 3 in all actually. :)

His eyes are red and a bit swollen, but he didn't complain or even cry all afternoon since the surgery. He's now comfortably sleeping in his bed and I'm secretly thanking God again that He showed Grace to me and my child.

5 comments:

Julie said...

He really IS a trooper! I am so glad it went well for him and that he had such a good attitude about it. He sounds like a real treasure!

Organized Nutrition said...

First, lauras linky takes you to christmas monday menu...
Second... what a brave boy!
I had that surgery done (to attach muscles to my eyes) when I was just 11 mo. old.... so no memory for me, or NO ICEES either!
Hopefully everything will turn out get and he will see 20/20!!!!

Jen said...

What a brave boy. Also a brave Mom, I probably would of been crying! But knowing that God is with us all the time gives us great peace. Glad to hear that he is doing well. Have a great day.

Donna said...

Ah What a cutie! Thanks be to the Lord!

Jo Ann said...

What an awesome testimony to God's goodness!