Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Using the ends of the cereal box..

I always hate throwing out the last little bit of cereal because it's not enough for one person. Today, I came up with the idea of taking all the ends of the cereal and storing them in a big ice cream bucket. Then the next time I want to make cereal bars, I'll have a mix of cereal. Today I made some rice krispy treats and peanut butter macaroons, then poured the little bit of each cereal that was left into my bucket.

Rice Krispy Treats

3TBSP butter
10 oz bag marshmallows
6c rice krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows over med-low heat until the marshmallows have melted. Remove from the heat and add the cereal. Mix thoroughly and spread into a buttered (or sprayed) 9x13 pan. Wet the back of a spatula and spread out evenly.

Peanut Butter Macaroons

1/4c sugar
1/2 c corn syrup

Heat til boiling for sugar to dissolve. Remove from heat. Add..

1c peanut butter
1 TBSP vanilla

Mix thoroughly til the pb has melted. Add..

2-2 1/2c corn flakes and mix until well combined.

Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper to cool.

No comments: