Monday, November 2, 2009

A Frugal Monday

It's November 2nd and I can't believe it's already this close to Christmas. This morning I ordered some items from Etsy to save me from having to actually shop at a store. Just as frugal with the items I bought, but I won't have to battle the crowds, which simplifies my holidays a bit. I have 6 people in the extended family left to buy for and a few more left to buy, along with stocking stuffers for my my kids. I'm hoping to be done by December 1st, so that I can enjoy the holiday and do lots of baking.

Today is a frugal, simple day. We're staying at home, eating scrambled eggs and toast for lunch and chicken potpie and salad for dinner. I'm going to be doing some de-cluttering to see if I have anything else to take to the consignment shop. I'm also going to try and make a menu to last us until Friday and stay out of the store until then.

I'm also going to make some apple oatmeal bars and cut up a pineapple for snacking.

No comments: