Friday, July 16, 2010

6 AM



I've recently began rising at 6am. I realize that 6am isn't that early to some people, but to me it is. I'm the kind of person that would sleep until 10am every morning if left alone. So, this has been hard for me.


I've noticed a few things about rising earlier though. I get quiet time to sit outside and enjoy these lovely views. I get to read my bible and talk with my God while surrounded by his quiet beauty. It stills my soul and gives me focus on what I want to accomplish during the day.


My husband is loving this. I'm up before him, showered and dressed with make-up on and hair fixed. I'm also preparing a hot breakfast for him, instead of leaving him with cereal or cold muffins. Yes, he's enjoying this greatly. :)

Hopefully after another week or so of rising early, it will become a habit.

"...She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." Proverbs 31:15

4 comments:

the.bain.family. said...

I so want to be an early riser. I am a night owl though, as much as I fight it. Maybe some day the shift will happen :)

Alicia said...

That's wonderful! I love getting up early (IF I go to bed early). But there's nothing like the freshness of an early morning. It's a shame to miss that time of day.

CindyC said...

I have JUST started getting up early in the last few weeks, and I have to testify that on the days that it happens, it quite literally changes my entire perspective on life. Not to mention, if I miss my quiet time I can get in a pretty foul mood--and I'm not even sure God wants to be around me then. :)

Selin said...

I recently started waking up at 4.30 - 5 am - i prepare hubby's breakfast as well and his loving it..but unfortunately its winter her in Australia so i havent had a chance to watch to sunrise...im usually curled up infront of the heater once he leaves...

love the photos.