Monday, August 2, 2010

A Month Without Spending

I've decided to make August a no spend month. I'll not be spending money on anything that's not essential. The only exception will be my weekly volleyball that is $2.

I'm wondering how much I'll be able to live without. How much will constitute a necessity? I'm going to really scrutinize everything. In my mind right now, necessities include: food, bills, gas for the vehicles. That's really about it. We could really live without everything else. I wonder if my view of necessities will change by the end of the month. Sometimes I think I need things when in reality they are just a want or a preference.

It's the second of August already and the only money I've spent is $25 on gas for the van. I'm hoping that this will last me all week.

No comments: