Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's 91 degrees outside today with a faint cool breeze. I'm sitting here in the shade while my 4 boys play in the slip-n-slide and hose. My husband is another matter..he's burning wood. 91 degrees outside and he decides it's the perfect time to burn a brush pile. I'm sitting in the shade avoiding both the fire and water, watching the boys run around and scream like only boys can do. We've been in our new house for about 3 weeks now. It's slowly starting to feel like our home compared to feeling like invaders in someone else's house. My daily rhythm is starting to reemerge. I'm starting to figure out what to do when to keep the house in order, the kids happy and myself nourished. I'm starting to feel more like me instead of a refugee of flooding.

In 2 short weeks all 4 boys will be back in school. This time the 2 youngest will be in all day kindergarten. For the first time in 12 years I'll have my days free. To myself. Free to do what I want without taking a child (or 2, or 3, or 4) with me everywhere. I wonder what adventures my days will hold.

No comments: