Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ponderings @ the coffee shop

One of the great pleasures in my life is sitting in a coffee shop, with my friends, drinking wonderful coffee. It only happens once a week, but it's enough to rejuvenate this stay at home mom. Good friends are essential in life. They build you up, bring joy to your soul, and even bring you down a notch when you need it. I'm thankful to God for the ladies in my life, all of whom enrich it in their own little ways.

Today, my friends aren't here and the bagel I ordered is a bit too crispy for my liking. But, I choose joy. I'm enjoying myself, alone with my thoughts in my own little bubble. Life, as a mother of 4 boys can get a little hectic sometimes. I don't often get quiet time to myself, even when the boys are in school. There are always core and errands to do. So, forcing myself to sit here, with myself is good. I need time to reflect.

God has brought me so far in the past few years. Tested my faith with a flood, taking all my possessions away from me. But, never turning his back on me and restoring my faith, and my possesions twofold. So I choose joy.  I need to daily choose joy more than I do. Instead of letting life get me flustered, I need to choose joy I need to focus on the positive, choose to see my blessings. The darkness will come, but God will bring me through it to the light. He always does.

No comments: