Monday, August 11, 2014

Frugal happenings August 11-18

It's been such a long time since I posted and my frugality has really fallen by the wayside. This is the week that I'll try to get back on track, out of necessity.

I worked with a $35 budget and was able to come up with these modest meals. The kids are in school now, so I don't have to worry about their breakfasts or lunches.  But,  do have to have breakfasts and lunches for the husband and myself,  along with afternoon snacks for the kids.

Breakfasts
Oatmeal
Cereal
Eggs and toast
Peanut butter sandwiches

Lunches
Chicken salad with crackers
Tuna salad sandwiches
Peanut butter sandwiches
Turkey burger, carrot sticks
Cereal
Egg sandwich

Dinners
Burritos (homemade tortillas, refried beans, and salsa), fresh corn on cob
Fish sandwiches, cheesy borccoli rice
Church for dinner
Hot dogs, broccoli and cauliflower
Spaghetti
Waffles

Other frugal goals for the week:
* keep thermostat turned up a few degrees
* stay home as much as possible
* line dry laundry on the days weather permits
* keep lights turned off on the sunny days
* be vigilant about using less (detergent,  shampoo, dryer sheets cut in half when used)
* use up or save all leftovers


My ultimate goal this week will be to spend no momey at all. This should be easy, I have no pocket money and only $100 in the bank. :)

No comments: